Thursday, March 23, 2006

Holling Comes to Live with Us

Dear Mo Chuisle,

It's difficult for me to believe that I started this blog almost a year ago and it has taken me so long to get back to it. It takes an eternity to find a comfortable place when a beloved companion takes another path.

Please meet Holling aka "my boy." I really never thought there would ever be room for another German Shepherd Dog in my heart. Now that I think about it, I was selfish, huh?

Woofie, "my boy" is "older" as were you, and as you can see he's a bit worse for wear. He can't see too well and he doesn't hear anything, plus he's missing part of his tongue, so there are cookie crumbs all over the floor. I love him anyway! Isn't that what it's all about?

My boy came just before Christmas and we've made a lot of progress in the last three months. His new diet has put a sparkle in his eyes. Dianne says his fur coat is beautiful now.

It's not certain how long "my boy" will be here as he's available for adoption, which is okay with me. The important thing is that he has love and good care for the rest of his life.

Ta me chomh doirte sin duit, mo chuisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home